i love this wine opener, first off these are the best kind money can buy. don’t give me no fancy rabbit etc. & the colors are fab
what could be more fab than wine?…. wine accessories!
have you heard of bottle stock? well it was literally launched like several hours ago by a hip chick named whitney adams if you haven’t heard you can read all about her on her blog brunellos have more fun. i know what a great name!
ok getting back on the subject, bottle stock has these totally cute accessories for those of you who wanna get fancy, or even more perfect for those of us who want to gift our wine obsessed friends something other than another wine trivia game.
bottle stock wrapping paper, love the prints and “alto fragile” get it!!! also soooo much cooler than those wine gift bags
bottle stock lambskin leather tie dyed coasters, perfection
bottle stock note pad, because any old notepad simply won’t do, i wanna flash this one around at tastings
what i really really love about bottle stock is that it is a symbol of a movement in the wine world. its not just “oh i can buy really cool wine related shit” its actually like whoa the aesthetic of these products relate & appeal to me as a girl in the wine industry (not that they are over the top girly but you know what i mean), an industry completely male-ified… until recently.
so yea check out bottle stock & let me know what you think, or if you have seen other selections like that.
caroline’s bangs & frames are adorbs
so lets face it wine world is not the fashion world. but honestly some people really dump up the trade shows no offense. on the other hand there are some truly awesome folks that are stepping up the game.
now remember it’s pretty tricky to figure out what to wear at these things for a few reasons;
1. the is wine everywhere & you are bound to get some on you
2. its work & so sometimes those fab shoes that looked so good on in the mirror won’t cut it after an hour or two of making the rounds
3. bright lips smudge up your glass big time…eewwww gross
4. clutches are a no no as you will need one free hand for writing, shaking hands etc the other hand falls casualty to holding the glass permanently
5. this last one is not yet proven but kinda from personal experience type thing. i feel that if you look a). too cutie or b). too daring people tend not to take you as seriously. this last one is changing a loooot & mostly applies to observations made at tastings in germany not so much the case in nyc
here are a few examples of people who i thought got the balance just right, and still managed to be comfy, professional & original.
anja keeps it chic with her structured coat & elegant french twist
marion ebner of weingut ebner-ebenauer
the pr queen of austria, dorli makes a statement in a yellow suede number
i love this couple!