so lets face it wine world is not the fashion world. but honestly some people really dump up the trade shows no offense. on the other hand there are some truly awesome folks that are stepping up the game.
now remember it’s pretty tricky to figure out what to wear at these things for a few reasons;
1. the is wine everywhere & you are bound to get some on you
2. its work & so sometimes those fab shoes that looked so good on in the mirror won’t cut it after an hour or two of making the rounds
3. bright lips smudge up your glass big time…eewwww gross
4. clutches are a no no as you will need one free hand for writing, shaking hands etc the other hand falls casualty to holding the glass permanently
5. this last one is not yet proven but kinda from personal experience type thing. i feel that if you look a). too cutie or b). too daring people tend not to take you as seriously. this last one is changing a loooot & mostly applies to observations made at tastings in germany not so much the case in nyc
here are a few examples of people who i thought got the balance just right, and still managed to be comfy, professional & original.